Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Springfield smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in total control of your Springfield home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also provides total remote operation with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review real-time or recorded video streams from your linked security cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The home screen will show a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you can still arm the security system by adhering to the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield
Even though various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add another user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote functionality, select phone or email and submit the information to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, just proceed to the menu, touch users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then press “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Springfield home security system. Dial (417) 428-8884 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.